You will need:
- Good sized jam jars (ask children to bring them in from home) or Potion Bottles and Magical Storage Jars.
- Printed images or photos cut out to fit in the jar
- Small world figures, animals and accessories
- Stones/pebbles/Pea Gravel
- Glitter and sequins
- Iridescent shred
- Rechargeable tea lights or fairy lights
- It is best to think of a theme first; we chose ‘Dragons and Unicorns’.
- Ensure your jar is clean and dry before you start to create your scene inside.
- Add pebbles or gravel to the base of the jar.
- Cut out some drawn or found pictures of unicorns and dragons, rainbows and castles to add to the scene. Or, use small world animals or figures and accessories to include in the jars.
- Add additional magical sparkle using iridescent shred, glitter and sequins.
- Light the jars from behind using fairy lights. Or, add rechargeable tea lights or Clever Candles to the bottom of the jar before filling
Magical small worlds
Create all kinds of small world jars using these giant magical storage jars. See our 5 ideas below:
2. Under the sea – create an underwater world using plastic aquarium plants, pebbles and add sea creatures.
4. Dinosaurs – add soil, pebbles, natural finds and mini dinosaurs.
5. Magical – fairies and elves are perfect in these jars! Add flowers and natural finds such as acorns, adding sparkle with glitter and iridescent shred. Make the mushrooms using painted corks! Handmade cork characters would look lovely in these jars too! Check out our blog on how to make them here. Including a princess and toadstools! Why not add fantasy small world characters too.
Encourage children to tell stories about their small worlds. Also perfect for messy play potion making!
What would you create?
With thanks to Charlotte Parry for writing this blog post.
Follow here: //lottiemakes.blog/