Sign up for a full day at TTS HQ in the East Midlands with Paul and Susan for a day of creativity and inspiration.
Paul Carney is a leading Art Education Consultant who delivers CPD around the UK for leading training providers. He runs his own highly successful arts website, is an Advanced Skills Teacher and NSEAD Forum member.
Susan Coles is one of the UK’s leading experts in art, craft and design education. She is a past President of the National Society for Education in Art and Design and an Honorary Fellow of the NSEAD as well as being Secretary to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Art, Craft, Design Education.
Wednesday 28th November 10.00am to 3.30pm
The course will aim to help you develop your practice by examining key areas of KS4 curriculum delivery such as; how can I better deliver core skills such as drawing and annotation in so many diverse syllabus areas and to students of all abilities? How can we make artist’s research more independent and engaging? How do I maximise the potential of my lowest attaining students whilst still enabling the most able to get the highest grades? How can I make my GCSE course more motivational and inclusive?
• Drawing Skills: Making Drawing fully inclusive in the new specification. Learn exciting new techniques for delivering drawing in a range of disciplines.
• Annotation: Develop techniques to help facilitate written and visual literacy and the interpretation and use of annotation in the full range of abilities including EASL and SEND students.
• Artist Research: Develop strategies to enable students to independently research sources and Artist links.
• Attainment: Creating a fully inclusive curriculum, with particular emphasis on closing the gender gap in attainment, and in motivating students of all abilities.
• Assessment: Making assessment Meaningful, Motivational and Manageable to maximise your student’s potential.
Please bring 3 Year 10 students coursework sketchbooks along to the session.