Winner of a Nursery World Award 2011 (Three to Fives), a Bronze Practical Pres-School Award 2011 and shortlisted for a BETT Award 2012 - Innovation in ICT category.
These award winning recordable pegs are not only a fantastic addition to your Nursery Resources in your Early Years setting but also great for use in Primary.
So simple to operate - just flick the switch to 'record', press the special light-touch contacts and record up to ten seconds of audio message . To play your message back, simply flick the switch to 'play' and touch the contacts.
In a set of six, the loud playback is suitable for every part of your setting, indoors or out. Each peg measures approximately 10cm, ideal for little hands to manipulate.
They have so many uses - here a few ideas we had (we know you will have more!):
- Use for dens to record who lives there, what the purpose of the den is, who made it or as an electronic doorbell. Perhaps a dragon roar on a magical cave, or a mooing noise on the barn door?
- Talking number lines or time lines
- Use with artwork to describe what something is, who made it, or what the child was feeling like when they made it.
- Make a talking display - use pictures of parents or carers with their voice, or have children describe what they have done in the day
- Place near an activity so that children can follow instructions
- Take outside and use on fences, or use on treasure hunts. Why not clip around you nature area for children to discover clues every time they press play? Or how about children setting up their own treasure hunts?
- Why not create a beautiful and informative space display in your classroom with this set of 6 brightly coloured recordable pegs. Record information about rockets, planets or space facts to display with artwork or even peg up and record descriptive language moon poems!
- Easy to use, the pegs are ideal for SEN children as they are so simple to operate (no buttons to push, just a simple touch switch)
- Each pegs record up to ten seconds of audio - great for sequencing story parts or exploring language and communication
Because the peg can clip to a variety of surfaces it really does lend itself to all kinds of learning opportunities.
Set includes 6 recordable pegs in 6 bright colours with replaceable AG13 batteries.
Size Approx 10cm, for ages 2yrs+.
Winner of a Practical Pre-School Bronze Award 2011 (Electronic Toys Category) & a Nursery World Award 2011 (Three to Five's - New Launch Category)
Recordable Pegs (Pack of 6)
Recordable Pegs 12pk
Watch the Recordable Pegs on YouTube
The recordable peg was designed with the busy classroom practitioner in mind and for space saving activities. Making use of all those small spaces and washing lines which we hang around the classroom display children's work or simply give access to resources. The recordable peg can be used to hang up your display or children's work whilst at the same time leaving a message, reminder, prompt for the children to listen to. Light and easy to carry around by clipping to your clothing until you need to use it. The versatile nature of the product also means that can be used in outdoor areas too so wherever you are you can have the product to hand. As a practitioner you can leave messages for the children in different areas of the classroom e.g. role play, construction area for the children to listen to and carry out instructions. Recording instructions will help to develop children's listening skills, the facility for children to record their own voice will also encourage the children to listen more carefully to see whose voice they recognise. The peg could also be used for matching activities where children have to listen to descriptions and match the peg to the appropriate resources. It's a great opportunity to have a device which you can carry around and simply make a recording whenever and wherever you are. It's big enough and robust enough for the children to carry around and not get lost amongst the rest of the resources. If you need to put it out of the way simply clip it to something in the room or on your jumper! A pack of six is really useful as they could also be used to leave a message trail around the classroom or treasure trail outdoors. This is a really useful, simple resource to have in your pocket, its affordable and simple to use.
"We think this is a fantastic product in many different ways! Our children love the brightly coloured pegs because they say they can see them easily and they are a good size for children's small hands to manipulate - 'They're nice colours'. The talking pegs have particularly engaged the boys in activities that we have observed to have greater participation from our girls. The boys say they like them 'because they speak to you', 'you can talk and then press the button to hear them talk'. Staff say that Talking Pegs are a versatile resource that can be used to support all areas of the curriculum. They say they are durable, can be used to support learning indoors and outside, and they are well made so the children can use them without feeling they may break. The ease with which they can be transported between the learning areas make them a resource that can be planned in for use across our school. We have used this resource highly effectively during phonics sessions for recording children reading a word after they have selected it. Staff report that the recording equipment is good quality and the children's recordings are clear when played back. Staff say that they feel this high quality is important so that the children can clearly hear initial and final sounds in words that have been pre-recorded for an activity. We love the way the Talking Pegs can be clipped onto objects, picture and sound cards! This makes again for more engagement from the children and innovative and creative approaches for their use from those planning lessons. In our Foundation stage Talking Pegs have been used to support mathematical learning by clipping them onto giant shapes so that the children can hear the name of that shape. The children have loved finding another shape that is the same and then taking the Talking Peg off one shape and clipping it onto the matching shape. They have enjoyed having the opportunity to use the outdoor environment to find shapes and clipping the Talking Pegs onto other shapes they find. We have found that the children quickly mastered how to use the Talking Pegs - even our younger children were able to record and play back sounds using them! When the children brought in photographs of their family and people who are special to them they were encouraged to peg a chosen photo onto the washing line with the Talking peg they had used to name their special person - 'My Mummy is special'. This activity was extended, also using the Talking Pegs to develop language opportunities by encouraging the children to match the short description recorded to the correct photograph - 'This is a daddy. He is wearing a hat'. The children loved this activity and were encouraged to record their own short sentences to clip onto their photographs."
Recordable Pegs User Guide
- File Size
- 0.52 MBytes
- In Stock items will normally arrive within 3 - 5 working days.
- Direct Delivery items will normally be shipped within 4-6 weeks.
- Please check individual time scales on Personalised or Made to Order items.
Free Delivery on all Online Orders to UK Mainland Only - Orders for Direct Delivery items (e.g. furniture, ready assembled, heavy or bulky items) offshore to NI, Highlands, Islands including Channel Isles will incur additional carriage charges - Please ask for a quotation prior to placing order.
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you're not, please report any problems with your order to our Customer Services team within 14 days of delivery.
You can either do this by e-mail or by contacting 0800 138 1370.
- All prices shown are subject to VAT and shipping/handling charges.
- TTS Group reserves the right to change specifications and prices.