Blue-Bot™ the latest addition to our floor robot family.
The app enables you to write an algorithm, send it and then Blue-Bot will follow your instructions. Blue-Bot helps you code, debug and simulate algorithms for the new National Curriculum for Computing. There are numerous features, which make writing algorithms both fun and educational.
Use explore mode to develop algorithms:
- Step by step programming
- Instructions are added to the list and once happy place Blue-Bot back at the start and press go
- Drag and drop programming. Just drag your instructions into the left hand bar to save Include repeats to make things even more fun
- Program 45 degree turns
- Challenge mode will add complexity into the algorithm
- Blue-Bot will add random obstacles, adding complexity to the algorithm needed
- One or even two directional buttons can be removed Random instructions can be generated, you must predict which square Blue-Bot will end up.
Children can also record themselves saying a command and can assign it to a button on Blue-Bot. As the algorithm progresses, they will hear themselves giving the instructions.
The app is available for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and Andriod devices
Bee-bot ® the award winning programmable floor robot
Shortlisted for BETT Awards 2014 - Free Digital Content / Open Educational Resources - Category, The Bee-Bot App is developed from our well-loved, award-winning Bee-Bot floor robot.
The app makes use of Bee-Bot's keypad functionality and enables children to improve their skills in directional language and programming through sequences of forwards, backwards, left and right 90 degree turns.
The app has been developed with 12 levels encouraging progression. Each level is timed and the faster it is completed the more stars you get! The levels are set in an engaging garden scenario and will appeal from age 4 upwards.
Or view the Bee-Bot Pyramid App - Control Bee-Bot through a series of 12 levels of an ancient Egyptian pyramid, unlocking doors, collecting treasure and out-smarting Mummies as you go.
Please note: The Bee-Bot® apps are only for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®.