Babies and toddlers will love emptying the basket and cuddling these adorable characters.
Made of velour and other tactile fabrics, they are designed to engage younger children. There's a strawberry, an apple, a banana and an orange; each individually crafted with different textures.
This set makes a lovely sensory treasure collection and aligned with babies' and toddlers' developmental interests.
Machine washable at 30 degrees.
- four dolls
- a basket
Size of basket: D25cm
size of dolls: approx. H22cm.
Suitable from birth
Before children learn to talk they have to understand the words and sounds that are being used around them. Always bear in mind that a language rich environment supports the development of sounds and letters. Using collections of familiar objects is an appropriate way to support talk and social interaction. In our nursery we have seen how babies show pleasure and excitement when sharing these baskets with someone they know.
Top tip: practitioners can use these props to recreate and share their own magical, imaginative stories.
Emma is an award winning Nursery Manager of the Year, a trainer and a huge inspiration for colleagues and parents. She balances all the necessary requirements whilst creating beautiful, nurturing environments. Busy Bees/Busy Bears, County Durham.
Practical ideas to support birth to 3
- Children in the 22-26 months age range are 'interested in others' play and starting to join in' (PSED). The Fruit Friends Basket is a lovely sensory treasure item which draws children in to play, but because there are lots of different objects in the basket, there is the opportunity for many children to play together 'Children can play in a group, extending and elaborating play ideas'.
- Use the fabric bag to support the schema of transporting, children will enjoy filling the basket with a whole range of different objects and will love carrying it around. As the basket is soft and lightweight the children can easily pick it up, but additionally, it is very easy to fill the basket - there are no awkward fastenings for children to negotiate.
- A fantastic collection that lends itself beautifully to developing communications skills
- Children will love interacting with the delightful contents
- Designed to meet developmental needs
- Aligned to schemas
- open ended
- Engaging and stimulating
Another versatile product that allows children to connect with it on so many educational levels. For some they provide a strong avenue to explore schemas, emptying and transporting, filling and moving. At other times of the day they provide an enormous opportunity to promote CLL with their key person, or even form part of a sensory experience. I have seen children use these baskets to play intimately alone, or share and turn take with peers. Adults can engage and talk easily about the items in the basket and share in the explorative experiences the children can have with the items. They also can be used as song baskets that children can familiarise themselves with and can replicate experiences they have had in a group, alone. Each character, object is well made with appealing features and fabrics but are easily cared for and are washable
- File Size
- 123,334 Bytes
- In Stock items will normally arrive within 3 - 5 working days.
- Direct Delivery items will normally be shipped within 4-6 weeks.
- Please check individual time scales on Personalised or Made to Order items.
Free Delivery on all Online Orders to UK Mainland Only - Orders for Direct Delivery items (e.g. furniture, ready assembled, heavy or bulky items) offshore to NI, Highlands, Islands including Channel Isles will incur additional carriage charges - Please ask for a quotation prior to placing order.
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you're not, please report any problems with your order to our Customer Services team within 14 days of delivery.
You can either do this by e-mail or by contacting 0800 138 1370.
- All prices shown are subject to VAT and shipping/handling charges.
- TTS Group reserves the right to change specifications and prices.