Red Band Book Pack 1
Reading Recovery Levels 3 - 5: Foundation Stage
Working towards level 1: learning opportunities - aligned approximately with phase 3 rogession in phonics
- locate the recall title
- consolidate secure control of one - to - one matching on a wide range of texts
- use known words to check and confirm reading
- solve simple (CVC) words by blending phonemes from left to right and check for meaning, and correct syntax - i.e. does it make sense and sound right?
- start to read more rhythmically or use phrasing while maintaining track of the print
- repeat words, phrases or sentances to check, confirm or modify own reading
- slightly longer, highly predictable text invloving familiar objects and actions
- some repeated sentence / phrase patterns that include high - frequency words and simple (CVC) words that children can solve by blending phonemes
- sentences short, clear and straightforward that follow children's speech patterns
- illustrations provide full and direct support for the text
- simple story development (fiction text)
- non - fiction texts that may have more than one type of layout
- reasonably large print with obvious spaces between words and a full range of punctuation
- All prices shown are subject to VAT and shipping/handling charges.
- TTS Group reserves the right to change specifications and prices.