Circle Time provides a group listening system for enhancing children's self-esteem, promoting moral values, building a sense of team and developing social skills. Circle Time is about building positive relationships within a class, relationships are based on feeling valued and respected. It is a well established and successful tool for teaching citizenship, personal and social education.
The content of Circle Time Out Of The Box provides a comprehensive approach to teaching PSHE. The activities promote a willingness to share thoughts and feelings, they can be used to initiate collective responsibility for promoting self-esteem and positive behaviour. The box can also be used to encourage self discipline, as children can identify their behaviour or work problems and formulate an action plan to deal with them, with the support of others.
Circle Time Out of The Box is a collection of 200 cards in five sections:
1. An Introduction - to the practical aspects of Circle Time
2. Opening activities - to aid relaxation and release tension, these activities can be linked to the open forum.
3. Talking Round Starters - to encourage the children to hone in on listening skills and turn taking
4. Open Forum - tackling a range of issues: personal affirmation, confidence building, empathy, co-operation, aspects of emotional intelligence, awareness of community rules, friendship, problem solving, bullying, challenging stereotypes, equality of opportunity, understanding of rules and laws, name calling, personal behaviour, assertiveness, accepting change, appreciation of cultural diversity, racism, strategies for discussing topical issues and events.
5. Closing activities - to close a circle on a positive, lighter note. An opportunity to develop plan-do-review on Circle Time forums.
The cards can be used as an integral part of a whole school scheme of work, providing starting points, ideas, discussion points and opportunities for reflection. Suitable for both KS1 & 2.
There are no reviews for this product
Sign up to receive important updates, news and information: