Show your class an exact replica of the original 1980s mobile 'brick' phone and let them wonder just how technology has moved on! Most children will have experienced the use of a modern phone and being able to handle an artefact that is the exact shape and weight of the 'brick' will be a fantastic trigger for discussion, comparing and contrasting. Approx. weight 600gm , Aerial 200mm , main body 195mm.
Fun Facts About The First Cellular Phone You could talk no more than 30 minutes. It took 10 hours to recharge. It cost $3,995 at the time, which is equivalent to $8724 today.
Here are a few fun tasks you and the children could try out:
- Compare dimensions with a modern day phone
- Compare the weight and feel with a modern day phone
- Compare the look and > - What can a new phone do that this one can't?
- Role play, how would you feel answering this phone everyday?
- Draw around the phone and add on the features you would want
- Compare prices against some of the newest phones
There are no reviews for this product
Sign up to receive important updates, news and information: